How to Verify Your EFILE with an XML Validating Parser
You're almost at the finish line! You finally managed to get the efile to generate and you’ve got your .XML file ready. See our previous blogs, Step by Step Efile Guidelines for Sage 300 ERP (Accpac) and Most Common Errors when generating Efile from Sage 300 (Accpac) However, before submitting the file, CRA recommends that you verify it with an XML validating parser. How do I do that? Here’s some basic links and information to get you through this technical maze!
List of Parsers, provided by the CRA, that work with CRA file:
Download CRA Schema from here
Validating your file: Some info from CRA:
As to running the parser on the XML file - here are some basic tips:
1) Download and install Parser.
2) Download CRA schema and extract. Move the .XML file generated from Sage Accpac into the same directory as the CRA schema. You want all the .XSD files from CRA and the .XML file from Accpac in the same place.
3) Open the Accpac XML file using the XML Parser.
4) If everything is in the right place, you shouldn’t see any errors and you should see a statement declaring that this is a valid file.
5) If errors are displayed, make any required corrections in your accpac data and then re-generate the XML file, and parse again.
6) Once file is valid - upload XML file to the CRA using your web access codes.
That’s it! Congratulations – you’ve done it! … or maybe not? If you want some more assistance, please give Plus Computer Solutions a call – 604-420-1099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to log a tech case, and our support department will be glad to work through this with you.
Subscribe to our blog for more tips & tricks!